Date: 3/28/21 10:42 pm
From: Lars Norgren <larspernorgren...>
Subject: [obol] Re: Question
It was this time of year, 2007?, that l noticed I it while chasing the
Benton County Caracara. Along Bellfountain Road a mile south of Philomath
water treatment plant they were moving from bare oak saplings to utility
lines by the dozen. I was certain of the ID but quite surprised by the
behavior. A host of Obolonians assured me it was routine.

On Sun, Mar 28, 2021, 9:25 PM Harry Fuller <atowhee...> wrote:

> Maybe it was a Tree Pipit visiting from Europe☺...just joking
>
> On Sun, Mar 28, 2021 at 8:28 PM Alan Contreras <acontrer56...>
> wrote:
>
>> They perch in trees now and then, especially in migration. I have seen
>> them line up on utility wires, but they don’t stay long.
>>
>> Alan Contreras
>> Eugene, Oregon
>>
>> <acontrer56...>
>>
>> www.alanlcontreras.com
>>

>> > On Mar 28, 2021, at 8:26 PM, Scott O'Donnell <scott...>
>> wrote:
>> >
>> > So, how do you guys feel about identifying a bird that is perched in a
>> tree as an American Pipit?
>> >
>> > Cheers!
>> >
>> > Scott O'Donnell
>> >
>> > Troy, Wallowa County
>> >
>> > Message sent from "The Bird Aquarium".
>> > *******
>> > OBOL archives: www.freelists.org/archive/obol
>> > Contact moderator: <obol-moderators...>
>> >
>> *******
>>

> --
> Harry Fuller
> author of: *San Francisco's Natural History: Sand Dunes to Streetcars:*
> https://ecowise.wordpress.com/2017/04/20/sfnh/
> author of *Great Gray Owls of CA-OR-WA*:
> https://ecowise.wordpress.com/2015/05/08/the-great-gray-owl-book/
> author of *Freeway Birding*: *freewaybirding.com
> <http://freewaybirding.com>*
> birding website: http://www.towhee.net
> my birding blog: atowhee.wordpress.com

Join us on Facebook!