Date: 3/28/21 2:49 pm
From: Bob Reiling <rreiling2...>
Subject: [southbaybirds] Continuing Cassin's Kingbirds
All,
Shortly before 10 this morning (3/28) I heard a softly calling and occasionally singing CASSIN'S KINGBIRD among the grape vines somewhere East of San Felipe Road between the first and second Eucalyptus trees from Hwy 152. I eventually found the bird some distance away but my auto-focusing camera had focusing problems because of the massive number of poles, wires and vines. The attached photo is a diagnostic rear view of the CAKI in that one can see the white tip of the tail and a lack of white on the edges of the tail. Shortly before 11 I saw a second CAKI working the vineyard some distance South of the first bird, No interaction between the two CAKI that I saw and I never heard the second bird vocalize. No sign of Lawrence's Goldfinches. Earlier (about 9:20) I tried for and missed the Swainson's Hawks (saw Frank Vanslager doing the same) and I also missed them on the way home (about 11:15).
Take care,
Bob Reiling

View/Reply Online (#24034): https://groups.io/g/southbaybirds/message/24034
-=-=-