Date: 3/28/21 1:01 pm
From: CK Borg <borealbirder...>
Subject: [NHBirds] Creepin' at Becks - Chapter 12: "A Fowl Day"
Saturday began with flurry of duckage at Turtle Pond culminating in 11
species of waterfowl including Gadwall! A wild hair was thus planted:
"Just how many waterfowl species can I score in one day within the town
limits of Concord?" Off to Horseshoe where the lingering Greater Scaup
ushered twitch 12. A chance encounter with Beck at Fort Eddy confirmed my
thoughts... Post Office Fields! While she chased Mr. Gadwall, Zeke and I
fortuitously rendezvoused. Trudging across manure laden fields, visions of
pintail and shoveler danced through my head. At the back of the fields
scopes were set and scanning commenced. A treeline flyover caught my
attention and yielded American Black Duck and last but not least twitch
14... an American Wigeon. Afternoon stops at Little Turkey Pond (and other
locales) yielded nice sightings and good waterfowl numbers but not another
twitch. Sobeit, 14 is a good number! Full reports available on e-bird:

Canada Goose
Wood Duck
Mallard
American Black Duck