Date: 3/28/21 11:59 am
From: Ron Gamble <rongamble...>
Subject: [birders] OT: Ticks and management
All-

Ticks, lyme disease, etc. get more attention in the SE MI region now.

April is a high risk month for engaging with an adult deer tick (due to 2 year life cycle), i.e. potentail lyme disease carrier. We’ve already had one adult female, found attached, but not engorged here…

If you’re interested in ticks, their biology and ecology, I find the archived links at this site very informative:

https://ag.umass.edu/landscape/education-events/ticktalk-with-tickreport-webinars

I formerly pooh-poohed the permethrin-stability on treated clothing (we treat our own), but after last year, I’m confident it helps reduce ticks adventuring onto me.

Ron G.

Birders is a service of the Great Lakes Commission. Visit us at www.glc.org
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/a/great-lakes.net/d/msgid/birders/000c01d72404%246e2b0060%244a810120%24%40net.

Join us on Facebook!