Date: 3/28/21 7:42 am
From: hector galbraith <hg2...>
Subject: [NHBirds] Hinsdale migrants and fish crow passage
Most waterfowl have now left Hinsdale but juvenile Barrow’s Goldeneye
remains, plus a male american wigeon and a single great blue heron.
Also, 5 crows flying north over the setbacks. Did not call, but based
on their shape and flight I am convinced that they were fish crows.
Becoming more and more convinced that there is a regular early morning
northward passage over the setbacks in mid-late March. Since these
birds do not call much nailing this down is a problem. Pam Hunt and
others had 4 (I think) FICR passing over yesterday. Puzzling to say
where they are headed to as we are already close to the northern edge
of their breeding area. However, the more I see of this the more I
become convinced that there is a hitherto undetected regular northward
passage of this species up the Connecticut Valley in early spring. I
suspect that this passage (if I am right) has been largely assigned to
American Crows. Wish that they would call more often!

Hector Galbraith802 258 4836802 222 1916 (c)

--
To Change your e-mail delivery settings (digest, daily, no mail)
visit:

Join us on Facebook!