Date: 3/27/21 7:46 pm
From: Jamie Simmons <sapsuckers...>
Subject: [obol] Re: phainopepla, perhaps not
The person who posted got frustrated with the comments about the photo
and its origins. It was presented confusingly by the poster, but
he/she had good intentions.

What they posted is this:
"My friend did see a bird that looks like the bird in the
[phainopepla] photo that she found when she looked it up, along with
the link I posted. Her words are quoted, she saw this bird today, in
the Veneta area, 8 miles west of Eugene at the foot of the coast
range. My friend is not a photographer she is an NP. I apologize if
you think i did something nefarious. I rarely post anything in this
group, I just enjoy the magical work of all of the amazing
photographers in this group.
I apologize to the group for not getting all of my facts straight
prior to posting my friends question."

They then turned off commenting on the post.

I made contact via a private message using Messenger (same as Facebook Chat).
They were shaken by the comments and uncertain that they want to have
anything more to do with this.
If anyone tries to make contact, tread lightly.

Jamie Simmons
Corvallis

On Sat, Mar 27, 2021 at 5:06 PM Alan Contreras <acontrer56...> wrote:

> Inquiries have been made.
>

> Alan Contreras
> <acontrer56...>
> Eugene, Oregon
>
> www.alanlcontreras.com
>

> On Mar 27, 2021, at 5:05 PM, Steve Jaggers <sjaggers280...> wrote:
>
> Further discussion on the whatsapp feed, photo used was stock not from today's sighting, folks wondering if a dark Steller's Jay was seen?
>
> Steve Jaggers

*******
Contact moderator: <obol-moderators...>

Join us on Facebook!