Date: 3/27/21 5:12 pm
From: Debbie Nichols <editordeb1...>
Subject: Black Vulture Hannibal MO!

This afternoon, while taking a walk on the bluff overlooking the
Mississippi River, I noticed a vulture that looked "out of place" with the
rest of the eight or so soaring birds.

I ran and got my binoculars, and sure enough--it was a Black Vulture! I
have seen these many times in the past (in the southern United States) but
never this far north!

Right after that, a Pileated Woodpecker flew across the street! What a
great walk today!

Debbie Nichols
Marion County, Missouri