Date: 3/27/21 2:04 pm
From: John Deacon via groups.io <iseekbirds...>
Subject: [sbcobirding] Colson Canyon, SM Mesa Road Ponds, and a Fun Birding Tool
All:
I birded Colson Canyon and the SM Mesa Road Ponds today.  While at Colson Canyon a Fish and Game Warden stopped me to let me know to be careful as it was opening day for Turkey Season.  Colson Canyon was as busy as I've ever seen it.  I was able to find the ongoing Pacific Wren at the Bathtub Loop and a couple of Hutton's Vireos but not much else.  Duck numbers and species are dwindling at the SM Mesa Road Ponds.
A few years ago, Peter Schneekloth and I birded Sax-Zim Bog in Minnesota.  I continue to follow MOU-Net.  One of their members put together a neat birding tool.  It's especially good if you are not an Ebirder.  You simply enter your area and the month and it tells you the birds that can be seen there and the probability of seeing them.  As you auger down, it will give you hotspots where a bird can be found.  Ultimately it will take you into Ebird, but still kind of a fun tool.  Here is the link:
Bird Finder - Santa Barbara County, CA, USA - Top Birds in March (michaelfogleman.com)

John Deacon
<iseekbirds...>

View/Reply Online (#32197): https://sbcobirding.groups.io/g/main/message/32197
-=-=-