Date: 3/27/21 11:41 am
From: Bill Bousman <barlowi...>
Subject: Re: [southbaybirds] Lazuli Bunting at Santa Teresa
Folks:

I've attached a phenology plot for Lazuli Bunting.  The arrival trend is
about half a day earlier each year.  There is an unusually early record
for 3/28/96 by David Suddjian in the Gilroy area (and was noted as
exceptionally early by him in his report).  There are a number of birds
that welcome spring by showing their ability to mimic other bird's
spring songs.  Not the least is another finch, the Purple Finch, who in
the past has embarrassed a number of experienced observers with it
excellent renditions of Warbling and Cassin's Vireo songs.

Bill

View/Reply Online (#24016): https://groups.io/g/southbaybirds/message/24016
-=-=-

-=-=-