Date: 3/26/21 6:28 pm
From: Al Eisner via groups.io <eisner...>
Subject: Re: [southbaybirds] Lazuli Bunting at Santa Teresa
One added bit of information: according to the Santa Clara County
cumulative lists (compiled in recent years by Brooked Miller and posted
on the SCVAS web site), first dates for Lazuli Bunting over the previous
9 years have all been in the week from April 5 to 12. (In 2010-2011
this range was exgtended a few days later.) But with changing climate,
who knows? Maybe late March will become the norm. And so far as I know,
there is minimal if any history of the species wintering in the Bay Area
(unlike one species which was raised in a private email), although I
could be wrong. I have no particular stakes in this. Ultimately it is
up to Steve to decide, based on his own observation as supplemented by
some history. (And others likely know the latter better than I do.)

Al Eisner

--

View/Reply Online (#24011): https://groups.io/g/southbaybirds/message/24011

-=-=-