Date: 3/26/21 4:31 pm
From: Tim Rodenkirk <timrodenkirk...>
Subject: [obol] Re: Harlequin High
That sounds like a good high count for Lincoln! My highest count for Coos
was at the north cove at Cape Arago on 26 Feb this year when I saw 66! I
also wanted to mention that Cape Arago is a good location for this species
year-round as it appears a few nonbreeders are there all spring and
summer(May, June, July) at least the last decade or so. Are there
oversummering nonbreeders in Lincoln you know of Roy (or Range)?

Merry early migration!
Tim Rodenkirk
Coos Bay

On Fri, Mar 26, 2021 at 1:54 PM Roy Lowe <roy.loweiii...> wrote:

> Today, I counted harlequin ducks at high tide at Yaquina Bay. The area I
> censused was the south jetty from the bridge to the finger jetty at the
> west end of the gull puddle parking area. I got an accurate count of 45
> birds, a new high count for me. It’s possible additional birds could have
> been located further west along the south jetty or along the north jetty.
>
> Roy Lowe
> Waldport, OR

Join us on Facebook!