Date: 3/26/21 3:21 pm
From: Range Bayer <range.bayer...>
Subject: [obol] Re: The One eBird Link for a Listing of the Links to Each Oregon County's Checklists & Hotspots [Update with Clearer Instructions}
Hi,

My original post was not as clear as it could be. This updated revision
may be more helpful.

Bob O'Brien's email below inspired me to look to see if there is one place
that has an eBird link for each County. The One eBird Link for a Listing
of the Links to Each Oregon County's Checklists & Hotspots is
https://ebird.org/region/US-OR/regions (see image of only the top left
part of the page below). There, all 36 Oregon Counties are listed in order
of the number of species reported (see image). Scroll down or do search
for the name of the County of interest. Then click the County's name in
blue to go to that County's page that has its Overview that includes Last
Seen, First Seen, High Counts, Bar Charts of occurrence for each species,
and a Printable Checklist for each species reported to eBird.org for that
County. The page also includes tabs for birds and an Illustrated Checklist
for each "Hot Spot" location, Recent Visit reports, an Illustrated
Checklist for the whole County, and more information.

I found this link as an icon near the top of the page with for the State of
Oregon as a whole at https://ebird.org/region/US-OR That page has the
combined results for the state as a whole as well as an a link in the left
toolbar to an Illustrated Checklist for Oregon.

Note that for the State's link and for each County's link, "Top Hotspots"
are listed along the right side but can scroll down for links for each
Hostpot. Going to that Hotspot link gives an Overview that includes Last
Seen, First Seen, High Counts, Bar Charts of occurrence for each species,
and a Printable Checklist for each species reported to eBird.org for that
Hostpot. One thing to remember is that Hospots often overlap in area
coverage though the Hotspot Location is a point. For example, birds seen
along the Yaquina Bay South Jetty are often reported separately in
different Hotspots and perhaps not in a Hotspot at all.

There is a wealth of information available through eBird! Sometimes
finding the information available can be challenging.

Happy birding,

Range Bayer, Newport, Oregon.

[image: image.png]

On Wed, Mar 24, 2021 at 6:49 AM Robert O'Brien <baro...> wrote in Re:
[obol] Large Numbers of Harlequin Ducks West Of Yaquina Bay Bridge. Many
Gulls at Herring Spawn Site:

Join us on Facebook!