Date: 3/26/21 1:02 pm
From: Jamie Simmons <sapsuckers...>
Subject: [obol] Re: fiction books with birders as protagonists?
I recently relished reading _Where the Crawdads Sing_ by Delia Owens.
NY Times Book Review describes it as "Painfully beautiful... At once a
murder mystery, coming-of-age narrative, and a celebration of nature."
Lots of natural history, including birds, of the marshlands of the
North Carolina coast.

Jamie Simmons
Corvallis

On Thu, Mar 25, 2021 at 1:17 PM <adamus7...> wrote:

> Fellow birders,
>
> There are many non-fiction memoirs and travelogues written by birders,
> perhaps the best-known being "Kingbird Highway" (by Kenn Kaufman), "Birding
> Without Borders" (by Oregon's own Noah Stryker), and the semi-fictional "The
> Big Year (by Mark Obmascik). But what about fictional works? Partly
> because their authors happened to be first- or second-hand acquaintances, I
> recently read a couple of fun novels where a birder was the lead character:
> "Nome" and "Border Songs". Can anyone recommend other works of fiction
> (perhaps partly based on fact) that feature a birder, hopefully in a
> respectful way?
>
> Paul Adamus
> Corvallis
>
> *******