Date: 3/26/21 8:44 am
From: Steve Patt <stevenpatt...>
Subject: Re: [southbaybirds] Lazuli Bunting at Santa Teresa
Just following up on this posting. I checked my records from past years (including last year) and this sighting was definitely early. Last year my first sighting, at virtually the identical spot in Santa Teresa CP, was on April 20, and April 20 of 2018 was my first sighting by the water tank at Rancho San Antonio, one of the most reliable spots in the county for the species. However, I am 100% confident of the ID based on the song (not on the sighting itself, which was too far away and with the naked eye). So either LAZB have shown up earlier this year, or this one individual was just an outlier.

Steve Patt