Date: 3/25/21 4:10 pm
From: Eve Meier <eve.m.meier...>
Subject: [southbaybirds] Santa Clara Valley Water District
Hi Everyone,

This morning I birded the Santa Clara Valley Water District. There were
lots of sparrows very actively feeding: *Song*, *Lincoln's*, *Fox*,
*White-crowned*, *Golden-crowned* and even one *White-throated Sparrow*
(plus *California Towhees* and *Spotted Towhees*). The Pride of Madeira
plant has some blooms which the *Anna's Hummingbirds* were enjoying (no
other species of hummingbird yet). My FOS (first of season) *Brownheaded
Cowbird* was calling from the top of a tree. I heard one *Sora *calling
from the river. And, I found 3 *Scaly-breasted Munia* nests in 3 different
peppertrees. At least two of them were active.

For details on this location, read Santa Clara Valley Water District
Headquarters (Winter/Spring): Urban Birding in San Jose
<https://scvas.org/self-guided-birding/santa-clara-valley-water-district-headquarters-winter-spring-urban-birding-in-san-jose>
by
Laura Coatney.

https://ebird.org/checklist/S84071361