Date: 3/25/21 3:46 pm
From: <brrobb...>
Subject: [obol] Fiction with Birders
My favorite is Bearded Tit by Rory McGrath. Also, The Dune by Bruce Beckham
and Pelican Blood by Cris Freddi (a bit harsh). Anne Cleeves, who wrote the
Vera Stanhope mysteries and the Shetland novels (both now TV series), was
married to an ornithologist and served as a cook at Fair Isle while her
husband was working there. Her early work includes a series of birding
mysteries - the George and Molly Parker books. There are eight in all
including one involving a pelagic trip (what could go wrong?) and one at
High Island. I concur with Beverly on the excellent Steve Burrows books, a
series of six birder mysteries so far, set in Norfolk with Inspector
Jejeune.

Roger Robb Springfield, OR

Join us on Facebook!