Date: 3/25/21 3:09 pm
From: ed mcv <ed.mcvicker...>
Subject: [obol] Re: fiction books with birders as protagonists?
thanks for the topic, paul. great idea.

_the bird artist_, a howard norman novel features a protagonist who is,
well, an artist and birdwatcher. and also a killer.

my favorite howard norman book is a memoir, _i hate to leave this
beautiful place_
<https://www.kirkusreviews.com/book-reviews/howard-norman/i-hate-to-leave-this-beautiful-place/>.
though not directly centered on birdwatching, norman is a birder and
birds figure into a couple of remembrances including the title piece.

ed mcvicker

Join us on Facebook!