Date: 3/25/21 1:17 pm
From: DAVID J WALTMAN <djwaltman...>
Subject: Re: [cobirds] Boulder White Goose ID
The bill is smaller than on a Snow Goose which I think comes from part
Ross’s. Also, the base of the bill is almost straight like a
Ross’s instead of an arc like a Snow. David

On 03/25/2021 12:59 PM 'Deborah Carstensen' via Colorado Birds
<cobirds...> wrote: What are the attributes cause
you to think it’s part Ross’s goose? Thanks for the thoughts
on that.

Deb Carstensen, Arapahoe county Sent from my iPhone

On Mar 25, 2021, at 8:14 AM, DAVID J WALTMAN
<djwaltman...> wrote:

Yesterday, 24 March, I photographed an interesting white goose
at Prince Lake #2. It was roughly the size of nearby Canada
Geese, too big for a Ross's Goose. The bill was too large for
Ross's and did not have the perfectly straight vertical base
of a Ross's. The head was not perfectly round like a Ross's.
The bill appeared too small for a Canada Goose and did not
have a significant grin patch. In summary, the head features
were intermediate between Ross's and Snow. I conclude that
this is a Ross's Goose x Snow Goose hybrid. See attached
photo.

* All posts should be signed with the poster's full name and
city. Include bird species and location in the subject line
when appropriate
* Join Colorado Field Ornithologists
https://cobirds.org/CFO/Membership/
Google Groups "Colorado Birds" group.
it, send an email to cobirds+<unsubscribe...>
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/cobirds/<2147430020.194440.1616681635360...>
<Ross'sx‌SnowGooseP1200050.20210324.jpg>

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/cobirds/<41DFFA5A-8CAE-4B92-85E2-CACBEC77B415...>

* All posts should be signed with the poster's full name and city.
Include bird species and location in the subject line when appropriate
* Join Colorado Field Ornithologists
https://cobirds.org/CFO/Membership/
Groups "Colorado Birds" group.
an email to cobirds+<unsubscribe...>