Date: 3/25/21 11:07 am
From: Oliver Zhang <BLACKROCKARTSTUDIO...>
Subject: [southbaybirds] Song bird ID ?
Hi Birders.

On Monday morning I was walking around the Palo Alto Duck Pond for some fresh air, near the Ranger Station,

I heard some really pleasing birds call. After some hard looking, I located a small sparrow-like bird in the bush. From a distance, it looked like a white-crowned sparrow, so I took a few pictures and left. Last night when I was about to delete the photos, upon closer look, the bird looked very different, there are no characteristic black & white streaks on the head.

I went through my book to find two possible species: Song Sparrow & Song Thrush. Because the bird was jumping from branches to the grass, I only managed to catch two decent photos, I hope it's good enough to help me ID it.  Thanks in advance.

Happy birding.

Oliver

View/Reply Online (#23988): https://groups.io/g/southbaybirds/message/23988
-=-=-