Date: 3/25/21 8:16 am
From: Nick Bonomo <nbonomo...>
Subject: [CT Birds] Re: Hammo swan pond 3-24
Andy,

This is not a direct answer to your question really, but there are plenty
of Mute Swans still around. I cringe every time I see them in numbers at
places like Milford Point, New Haven Harbor, or the mouth of the
Connecticut River, where they obviously directly compete with many species
of native waterfowl at these important sites. I wouldn't be surprised if
agencies around here have to deal with non-science-based backlash from the
animal rights community; I know this has been a problem in other states.

Nick Bonomo
Wallingford, CT
www.shorebirder.com