Date: 3/25/21 7:14 am
From: Chris Elphick <elphick...>
Subject: [CT Birds] atlas data; house sparrows and rock pigeons
Hi everyone,
Although we often pay little attention to introduced species, we are very interested in collecting atlas data for all species that breed in the state. And, it turns out that there are some really intriguing questions about some of the introduced species. Given that nesting is well underway for both house sparrows and rock pigeons, I've written blog posts about both this week and want to encourage people to submit any breeding evidence for these species - and maybe even take a little bit of time to search for them in undersampled blocks over the next few weeks.  For more on why this will be valuable, check out the posts:
House sparrows:http://ctbirdatlas.org/blog/index.php/2021/03/22/chasing-sparrows/
Rock pigeons: http://ctbirdatlas.org/blog/index.php/2021/03/25/in-search-of-pigeons/
Thanks,Chris

Chris Elphick @ssts