Date: 3/25/21 6:54 am
From: Andrew McGann <andrew.mcgann...>
Subject: [CT Birds] Re: Hammo swan pond 3-24
Hi Cindy et al.,

This question is more for the entire group, but as a new Connecticut resident, I am curious to what degree the state is working to control the Mute Swan population. I know that this invasive, exotic species is aggressively targeted in the Mid-Atlantic (especially Maryland, Delaware, and New Jersey), with oiling of eggs and other means.

Second question: does the Mute Swan population in CT seem to be increasing, decreasing, or stable? Nowadays in Delaware they are becoming a species that takes a bit of work for the year-list birding “tick.”

All the best & good birding,
Andy

--
Andy McGann