Date: 3/24/21 9:51 pm
From: Ducky Darrick <dadams...>
Subject: [NHBirds] Short eared owl- yes
Saw one of the short eared owls off airport road in Swanzey. After a
helpful tip from another birder, I walked down the gray dirt road with the
chain running between the two steel drums. I noticed that the field out
there had lots of tunnels through the grass. Must be a lot of rodents out
there for the owls. I also saw a ring necked duck and four hooded
mergansers in the little pool just beyond that location.