Date: 3/24/21 3:09 pm
From: Brush Freeman <brushfreeman...>
Subject: [texbirds] Re: Egyptian Goose breeding records in Bastrop Co. ?
Yes there was a neighborhood going into South Shore of Lake Bastrop that
had pairs with goslings for a while but that was before the fire. Since
then the only case I know of was the pair at Crystal Lake and that has been
a while too. Maybe 2013-14 timeframe. I have heard there were geese over
there around Lake Thunderbird but I never saw them and don't know if they
had offspring. Also the retention pond on the King Ranch turf farm had a
resident pair but it has been a while since I have been in there. The
ponds by the entrance on Steven F. Austin Blvd off 71 (was gated and maybe
still is ) sported a few these geese for a while...I saw a couple of older
imm.s there once. I believe the Goebels lived in that subdivision or
maybe still do and may have more insight on that.

--

Brush Freeman
<http://www.biospatialsevices.com>

Join us on Facebook!