Date: 3/24/21 1:41 pm
From: Linda Fink <linda...>
Subject: [obol] Re: Red-shouldered Hawks nesting in Yamhill county
No, I have not found a nest. Often see subadult RSHAs but don't know
where they come from. The only nest I've ever seen was near Folsom,
California, and it would have been impossible to miss when the nestlings
were present. They were *very* vocal... constantly vocal. Their parents
were also vocal.

I am not usually in the areas of my raptor routes during nesting season.
Paul might have a better chance of detecting nests during that time.

But if a pair nests on or near our Yamhill County farm, I'm sure I'll
hear about it... from the hawks.

Linda Fink, near Grand Ronde Agency

--

*******