Date: 3/24/21 1:43 pm
From: Thomas Wood <tcwood729...>
Subject: [wisb] Re: Franklin's gull (relocated at different spot)
This afternoon I checked the Birch Road Pond and did not see the Franklin’s Gull. I drove southwest about a mile-and-a-half to CTH J near Elm Shade Rd. and quickly found the Lesser Black-backed Gull that Dave Schrab reported.
The Franklin’s Gull was much more difficult to find. As Dave mentioned there are many, many gulls (on both sides of the road) to sort through and the rain made for poor viewing conditions. I eventually spotted a Franklin’s Gull which most certainly must be the same bird Dave found yesterday at the Birch Road pond. It was one of the more active birds, feeding at one spot for a few minutes and then flying to a different location in the field, so it was easy to lose.
Thomas Wood, Menomonee Falls, Waukesha County