Date: 3/24/21 1:20 pm
From: <tc...>
Subject: [obol] Re: Bird ID
Look at the bill. It's an obvious jay bill, not the shorter, hooked bill
of a shrike. The posture is typical jay as well. You don't see shrikes
leaning way back, almost vertical, like that. The photo is over-exposed so
the colors don't come out right, but the structure is completely visible.

Tom Crabtree
eBird Reviewer for Deschutes, Crook & Jefferson Counties

On Tue, 23 Mar 2021 19:21:20 -0700, Nancy and Mike Thomas
<shipwreck5000...> wrote:
> It seems more like a shrike than a jay.  Hard to say.  Tail stripe is
> very vivid
>
> On Tue, Mar 23, 2021 at 3:53 PM Tony Hellberg wrote:
> It looked like a scrub jay but there is no blue.
> I’m just below mt tabor on the portland side.
> Might just be a scrub jay but didn’t see the blue.
> On Mar 23, 2021, at 3:50 PM, larspernorgren wrote:
>
> Not much to go on. Where? What habitat? At a glance l d say Sctubjay.
> But if its out in open country or eastern Oregon Shrike would work. Cant
> see distinguishing characters for Northern or Loggerhead. Were moving
> into that window where Loggerheads occasionally appear on the westside.

> -------- Original message --------From: Tony Hellberg Date: 3/23/21
3:45
> PM (GMT-08:00) To: OBOL Subject: [obol] Bird ID
> Hello all,
>
> Any help on this bird?  Can’t find it on the normal NW bird sites.
>

> Links:
> ------
> [1] mailto:<anthony.hellberg...>
> [2] mailto:<larspernorgren...>