Date: 3/24/21 11:37 am
From: catherine paris <cparis12010...>
Subject: Defeating cowbirds/live roadrunner!!

I can hardly believe the roadrunner lived thru 10 inches of powder snow and
-11! With ice underneath. He was sunbathing in a medium size tree. BTW
truely adaptive feet on these guys.

Apparently, cowbirds go to roost early evening. I found this out when a
male painted bunting visited every evening for 3 months. And yes, a male
imm. came with him once. I would place mixed seed on the railing only when
he appeared. He and an indigo male chowed with the night owl cardinals. No
cowbirds at this time of day.

Catherine Paris
<cparis12010...>
Ozark County