Date: 3/24/21 5:05 am
From: Mark Korducki <mark.korducki...>
Subject: [wisb] Re: Pine Siskins question
You are correct Bob. Birds will typically move based on seasonal timing. This is similar to the notion up here that we should take our hummingbird feeders down Labor Day weekend so that we don't force them to stay longer. As we have seen, the Ruby-throated Hummingbirds will leave on their own by early October even with a well stocked feeder.

During irruptive winters it is not unusual for large numbers of siskins to move quite far south. I have had them throughout Texas on winter and even April trips.

So have them keep feeding.

Mark Korducki
Sent from my iPhone