Date: 3/24/21 2:58 am
From: Paul Sullivan <paultsullivan...>
Subject: [obol] Re: Red-shouldered Hawks nesting in Yamhill county
Tim,

Linda Fink found Red-shouldered Hawks possibly nesting NW of Willamina on
her raptor route several years ago. Linda, Carol Karlen, and I looked for a
nest. Carol and I did not find one, but Iím not sure if Linda found a nest
or young.

A pair of birds were seen and there was a lot of calling along Willamina
Creek Rd.

Paul

------------------------

[obol] Red-shouldered Hawks in Clackamas County

* From: TIM JANZEN <tjanzen@xxxxxxxxxxx>
* To: "obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
* Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2021 21:22:33 -0700 (PDT)

Today I had a pair of RED-SHOULDERED HAWKS near Molalla in Clackamas County.

See https://ebird.org/checklist/S83972348.
<https://ebird.org/checklist/S83972348. I wouldn> I wouldn't be surprised
if they
remain in the area to breed. One was seen in the same area 6 days ago by
Joe
Blowers. Sightings of Red-shouldered Hawks in Clackamas County have
increased
significantly over the past 10 years. I would be interested in knowing if
breeding of this species has been confirmed in Marion County, Yamhill
County,
Washington County, or Multnomah County.
Sincerely,
Tim Janzen