Date: 3/24/21 12:04 am
From: eBird alert <alert.ebird...>
Subject: [sbcobirding] [eBird Alert] Santa Barbara County Rare Bird Alert
*** Species Summary:

- Curlew Sandpiper (4 reports)

Curlew Sandpiper (Calidris ferruginea) (1)
- Reported Mar 23, 2021 10:05 by CAROLYN ESPEY
- Coal Oil Point--Devereux Beach and Sands Beach, Santa Barbara, California
- Map: http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&<q...>,-119.8783064&<ll...>,-119.8783064
- Comments: "White eyebrow, slightly down curved bill. Seen next to a Dunlin. Spotting on the belly, fine streaking on the breast"

Curlew Sandpiper (Calidris ferruginea) (1)
- Reported Mar 23, 2021 10:05 by Chris Vance
- Coal Oil Point--Devereux Beach and Sands Beach, Santa Barbara, California
- Map: http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&<q...>,-119.8783064&<ll...>,-119.8783064
- Comments: "White eyebrow, slightly down curved bill. Seen next to a Dunlin. Spotting on the belly, fine streaking on the breast"

Curlew Sandpiper (Calidris ferruginea) (1)
- Reported Mar 23, 2021 08:26 by Paul Pyle
- UCSB North Campus Open Space (formerly Ocean Meadows Golf Course), Santa Barbara, California
- Map: http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&<q...>,-119.8713662&<ll...>,-119.8713662
- Comments: "Heard from another birder we met on the beach at Coal Oil Point that a Curlew sandpiper was listed in eBird and he asked if we saw it. He described the general location. My buddy and I had doubts so we looked it up in Merlin and decided to try to find it. My buddy and I headed to the location primarily to view snowy plovers. And there the lone sandpiper was spotted. We had an excellent view, within 20 feet. As we began to move on we encountered a couple who specifically came to the location to see the sandpiper. They asked if we saw it and we replied yes. I resorted the lone bird and the couple using binoculars and a spotting scope verified the identification. So 4 people saw it all at the same time using binoculars, spotting scope, Merlin and a Peterson’s guide to verify."

Curlew Sandpiper (Calidris ferruginea) (1)
- Reported Mar 23, 2021 08:24 by Russell Galipeau
[...]

View/Reply Online (#32180): https://sbcobirding.groups.io/g/main/message/32180
-=-=-
-=-=-
Group Owner: main+<owner...>