Date: 3/23/21 9:04 pm
From: Bob Matyas <bobmatyas...>
Subject: [wisb] Pine Siskins question
Hello,
Lu Ann and I have relatives that live in South Carolina and they are currently hosting a lot of Pine Siskins which surprised me. I guess that is where some of my Fall Pine Siskins went. They told us that they were told that everyone should stop bird feeding down in South Carolina so that the numerous Pine Siskins can feel free to migrate north again, and resume feeding once the Pine Siskins return to the north. This does not sound right to me but I could be wrong. Anyone know the proper answer, I know most birds migrate based on the hours of sunlight but I assume there may be exceptions and lack of food may sound like one.
Good Birding,
Bob and Lu Ann Matyas
Franklin, WI.