Date: 3/23/21 7:38 pm
From: Susan Schaezler <susan...>
Subject: [texbirds] 3-23-21 Eastern Towhee, Clay-colored Sparrow @ Warbler Woods Bird Sanctuary
3-23-21 Eastern Towhee, Clay-colored Sparrow @ Warbler Woods Bird Sanctuary

Some of the birds today, Scissor-tailed Flycatcher, Eastern Towhee, Clay-colored Sparrow, Golden-crowned Kinglet, Orange-crowned Warbler, Yellow-rumped Warbler, Black-and-white Warbler, Brown Thrasher, Long-billed Thrasher, and I’m not sure if anyone checked on the Louisiana Waterthrush at the Scout Pond Dam today. I was busy with a medical procedure for my Trigeminal Neuralgia today, so I didn’t get to bird much. We were blessed with .33” of rain last night and missed the hail and severe storms.

Warbler mobs like to roam from Margie’s Woods towards the parking lot and to Thomas’ Meadow, plus the rest of the areas, especially meadows. Don’t forget to concentrate on the sunny side of the tree, since that activates the bugs, which most of our desired birds are after. The Huichache trees in the 2nd Field and the 1 st Field are also good targets. I have always found that insect-loving birds prefer the Elms to the oaks and I assume it is due to having more bugs.

Lots of visitors each day, so much fun!

Susan Schaezler
WarblerWoods.org, http://ebird.org/ebird/hotspot/L213585?yr=cur
501(c)(3) Cibolo/Schertz/Guadalupe County
Life member TOS, SAAS, TAS

Join us on Facebook!