Date: 3/23/21 5:44 pm
From: Diana S <wildlifenorth100...>
Subject: [NHBirds] Hampton and Rye
Hi Birders,

Met Deb Powers at Hampton Beach State Park this afternoon to try and
relocate the Piping Plover. Initially we couldn’t find it and then started
talking about how it “peeps”. Well as soon as we began to peep, it showed
up!

This is what we saw at Hampton:

1 Lone Piping Plover, just wandering around
8 Killdeer, exhibiting mating behavior
Song Sparrow
American Crows mobbing a
Red-Tailed Hawk
2 Late Snow Buntings!
2 Northern Mockingbird
European Starlings
House Sparrow
Some dude w/ a drone

I continued on up to Odiorne State Park and observed the following birds
and sea ducks:

1 Great Cormorant
18 Common Eider
7 Surf Scoter
4 Black Scoter
9 Long-tailed duck
13 Common Golden 👁
11 Common Merganser
2 Common Loon
17 Song Sparrow
1 Red-tailed Hawk
12 Robins
2 Blue Jay
3 Mockingbird
3 Eastern Bluebird
2 House Finch
4 American Crow
Herring Gull
Mallard Duck

Great Day to be outside, hope everyone is able to get out at least a little
bit to enjoy this beautiful weather. Spring has Sprung!!

Diana S