Date: 3/23/21 3:54 pm
From: janna pauser <jannapauser...>
Subject: [southbaybirds] Yellow-bellied Sapsucker female
After several trips to Sycamore Creek off Guadalupe Mines Road I finally
had photos of my suspected female YELLOW BELLIED SAPSUCKER. This bird
had a black bib and crown, a white chin and no red on the nape. It
called occasionally and was extremely skittish. I last saw it from the
trail where Lavender Creek joins Sycamore creek in a large leaning
Sycamore. Other birds drank sap from the many wells as I waited for an
opportunity to view it briefly. I sent my photos to Steve Rottenborn for
confirmation. Attached is an example.

Janna Pauser
San Jose

View/Reply Online (#23976): https://groups.io/g/southbaybirds/message/23976