Date: 3/23/21 12:58 pm
From: Iain MacLeod <iain.macleod...>
Subject: RE: [NHBirds] Bohemian Waxwings, Sandwich
I'll follow up with a few more Lakes Region sightings over the weekend.

In addition to the Killdeer at Moultonborough Airport, there were two on the sports field next to Beans and Greens in Gilford.
At Moulton Farm in Meredith, the Canada Goose and duck numbers are beginning to grow -- there were 40 Canadas and 16 Mallards in the fields and a nice flock of 14 Brown-headed Cowbirds (1 female and 13 males . . . so there was lots of tail tipping and strutting).
Song Sparrows were singing in Gilford (on Sunday) and in Holderness today.
A displaying Red-shouldered Hawk was very vocal over Center Harbor Neck Road on Sunday and yesterday.
Wood Duck pairs were present in a couple of spots and Red-wing Blackbirds and Grackles were everywhere.
The fields at Squam Lakes Natural Science Center were crawling with "real migrant" Robins this morning.
On Monday, I confirmed incubation at two more Bald Eagle nests.

Spring has sprung!

Iain MacLeod
Executive Director
Squam Lakes Natural Science Center