Date: 3/23/21 9:32 am
From: Bird observations from western New York <geneseebirds-l...>
Subject: [GeneseeBirds-L] Common Raven; probable Wild Turkey
Yesterday at Taylor Marsh north of Honeoye, NY at about 5:00 PM, I saw a raven fly over.
This morning about 10:30, I was walking north along Wellington St. in Rochester's 19th Ward after receiving my second dose of the Moderna vaccine, when a very large brown bird silently glided past me a few feet above the street, landing in a yard about a half block away. I only was able to briefly observe it from the rear but was most likely a turkey. I have encountered them in the nearby Genesee Valley Park in the past and once, years ago, a hen by St. Mary's Hospital. All of these observations were in the spring. I walked around a couple of blocks but did not see it again. Probably kept running after it landed.