Date: 3/23/21 7:46 am
From: Beverly Wolf <bev_wolf...>
Subject: [birders] Spring has arrived in Presque Isle
This morning I checked my feeders and suet. They went up for the winter for the first time because we had just moved into our home permanently late last year. I bemoaned having no birds. We live between a fen and the shore of Lake Huron, limestone being the bedrock. We had a few chickadees these past months. Suddenly, yesterday we had crows on the ground, picking through the leavings of the red squirrels, and staring at the suet and feeders - apparently trying to figure out a way to take advantage of a free meal. They eventually gave up and left. Then two downy woodpeckers siddled up on either side of the hanging buffet. I was pretty excited. But today has been a bonanza. I had a Lincoln's sparrow feeding on the ground, and then another! Then the bright red of a lone cardinal, followed by a pair of tufted mice! Next 7 redwing blackbirds arrived. Wow! I can't believe they found the feeders, but I am overjoyed to have them as guests for dinner. I hope they hang around and become regular dinner partners as we are fairly isolated on these beautiful shores of Presque Isle Harbor. Happy spring, all!

Bev Wolf

Birders is a service of the Great Lakes Commission. Visit us at www.glc.org
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/a/great-lakes.net/d/msgid/birders/<2066535966.191221.1616510802100...>

Join us on Facebook!