Date: 3/23/21 5:34 am
From: Bird observations from western New York <geneseebirds-l...>
Subject: [GeneseeBirds-L] Hemlock Birds Yesterday
I had some interesting birds from the yard yesterday. It started with a
singing Field Sparrow as I was putting out the feeders. My earliest
arrival date for it over the previous six springs was 6 April. During a
break after lunch I watched the sky for a while, and the first bird I saw
overhead was a Peregrine Falcon high up heading north. Soon after that a
male Common Merganser flew over. Not unusual in the area of course but it
was yard bird #143. Still awaiting my FOS Phoebe and Fox Sparrow.

Bill Howe
whhowe60@gmail,com