Date: 3/22/21 4:08 pm
From: Hyndla Kensdottir <dmarc-noreply...> (Redacted sender hyndla53704 for DMARC)
Subject: [wisb] Re: Black Vulture

I saw a Black Vulture today at Yahara Heights/Cherokee Marsh and reported it on ebird.  It's probably the same bird.
Pam SkaarMadison
On Sunday, March 21, 2021, 04:58:47 PM CDT, Thomas Wood <tcwood729...> wrote:

According to “Birds of the World” (formerly Birds of North America),  the juvenile has a gray head with a black beak tip, but by its first spring the head should be pinkish-red.
I would think that on a soaring bird, the field marks mentioned by Pam Skaar would be more useful.
Although it is unlikely, I hope the Black Vulture found by Donald remains in the area. That would be a new “state bird" for me!
Thomas Wood, Menomonee Falls, Waukesha County