Date: 3/22/21 3:05 pm
From: William Rowe <rowemb45...>
Subject: Neotropic Cormorant at Riverlands

Tom Parmeter, Matt Rowe, and I observed an immature Neotropic Cormorant at
Lincoln-Shields this morning; it was mainly seen in flight, as explained in
our eBird list here:

https://ebird.org/checklist/S83906843

It flew off in the direction of the dam, and we were unable to relocate it
there. However, Doug Hommert and David Dean found what was also clearly an
immature Neotropic there around noon, and the timing plus Doug's photo
make it pretty obvious that it was the same bird. This is an early one for
Missouri, but not a record -- there are at least three records that are a
bit earlier, the earliest being March 11.

We also had 18 waterfowl species, both species of meadowlark, 33 Horned
Grebes, 50 Red-breasted Mergansers, and a generally good morning.

Bill Rowe
St. Louis
<rowemb45...>