Date: 3/22/21 2:39 pm
From: Doug & Nina Harr <dnharr...>
Subject: [ia-bird] Brewer's Blackbirds in Story Co.
On a shopping run to Ames this morning I passed a flock of about 20
Franklin's Gulls (FOY) on Harrier Marsh along Hwy. 30 in Boone Co. Then I
decided to make a quick birding run to Peterson Pits county park in
northern Story Co. Except for generally common resident birds there was
little to see until I ran across a mixed blackbird flock near the parking
lot. The mix included 6 Common Grackles and 3 or 4 Redwings, but the rest
of the flock (about 56) appeared to all be Brewer's Blackbirds (FOY).
That's one of the larger flocks of those I've seen in central Iowa in
recent years.

Doug Harr
Ogden