Date: 3/22/21 1:48 pm
From: Bird observations from western New York <geneseebirds-l...>
Subject: [GeneseeBirds-L] Upcoming Montezuma Audubon Center programs
Good afternoon,

The Montezuma Audubon Center has several programs we are offering this week! See below for more info:

Birding Basics (virtual program)

Wednesday, March 24

6:00 PM - 7:30 PM

Fee: $5/person, $15/family

It is obvious that we love birds at Audubon and we know you do too! Join this Zoom webinar to learn about how to get started birding in your neighborhood and get an introduction to birds you can find in your own backyard this time of year. We'll help you identify everything from common feeder birds like Northern Cardinal and Black-capped Chickadee to the more elusive Red-breasted Nuthatch and Pine Siskin. Register here: https://act.audubon.org/a/birding-basics (The Zoom link will be emailed to you in your confirmation email)
Celebrating Women in Conservation: Past Present and Future (virtual program)
Thursday, March 25
4:00 PM - 5:00 PM
Fee: FREE
Join Audubon Connecticut and Audubon New York for a special presentation in honor of Women's History Month. We will share stories, contributions, and achievements of various historical figures to conservation efforts and science. We will discuss the lasting implications of their invaluable work, including the bird species and wildlife that have benefited from their efforts. We will also be joined by several special guests from across the globe who will share information about their current research and efforts in conservation today, and goals for the future. These guests will include Corina Newsome, conservation scientist Vero Couttee and raptor researcher Esther Vallejos in Colombia! To view this program, simply watch it streamed live from our Facebook page at 4pm: https://www.facebook.com/MontezumaAudubonCenter

Montezuma Bird Watching Tour (in person)

Saturday, March 27

10:00 AM - 12:30 PM

Fee: $5/child, $10/adult, $30/family.

Spring is here and the birds are returning! Come along as we explore some popular birding hot spots and look and listen for signs of spring. Participants will drive their own vehicle and receive a conference call phone number to hear the Audubon educator narrate the tour and ask questions between stops. Guests are welcome to get out of their vehicles at each stop so facial coverings will be required and we will follow physical distancing guidelines. Bring your binoculars and camera to capture images of the beautiful habitats and wildlife. Register here: https://act.audubon.org/a/montezuma-bird-watching-tour-32720

--
Alyssa Johnson
Environmental Educator

Montezuma Audubon Center