Date: 3/22/21 1:32 pm
From: Alvaro Jaramillo <chucao...>
Subject: Re: [southbaybirds] Red Crossbills at Santa Teresa County Park, Mon 22-Mar
Brooke, and SBB

Hi there. I am attaching a spectrogram of your birds. They decline in frequency with a slight step, a bit of an upward inflection, but not a massive increase in pitch half way through. As such, they look better for Type 2 (Ponderosa Pine) Red Crossbills.

This site has a nice graphic of call types to compare with.

https://finchnetwork.org/species/crossbills/red-crossbill-loxia

nice find!

Alvaro

Alvaro Jaramillo