Date: 3/22/21 9:10 am
From: MIN HUANG <mhuang...>
Subject: [CT Birds] Coastal Tarsal Band Hunt
Hi All,

With the weather changing and critters moving, I wanted to pass along a note to everyone birding on the coast. There is a large Atlantic brant research project going on and researchers from NJ, NY, CT, and RI are putting out tarsal bands on brant along with some radio transmitters and some geolocators. Over the next couple of months please be on the look out for birds wearing tarsal bands. Best places are going to be those areas where they are up feeding on the lawns with the Canada geese. The Norwalk parks, Seaside in Bridgeport, Harkness SP, Eastern Point in Groton. Also, on the low tides when they are up on the rocks feeding. If you do see bands, please report them at www.reportband.gov, as you would any marked bird.

And continued thanks to all for your work on the Atlas. We are almost there!!!

Min Huang
Columbia