Date: 3/22/21 7:47 am
From: Elizabeth Holencik <eholencik...>
Subject: [obol] LTDU male or female?
Hi all,

I’m interested in the dark faced duck with the darker bill. The photo was taken yesterday at S Jetty, Newport. In the first photo it’s on the right next to a male. In the second photo it’s on the left next to a female. I don’t know enough about this species to understand all the color variations and I’m not finding much information in my field guides. I’m interested in what others think if this is a male or female. I suspect it’s a young male. I think I see some pink trying to form in the bill, but it isn’t the best lighting.

Liz Holencik
Tidewater, OR

Sent from my iPad

Join us on Facebook!