Date: 3/21/21 4:17 pm
From: Matthew Dodder <mdodder...>
Subject: [southbaybirds] Calero Reservoir: 03-21-21
Folks,
I visited Calero Reservoir this morning, hoping to see the recently reported Osprey. It was windy and cool for the first half hour, but I entertained myself from the picnic table overlook by watching the WESTERN and CLARK’S GREBES below me doing their courtship displays and unbelievable water dance. I saw their performances several times, which included synchronized head turning, lowered necks and finally the hydrofoil maneuver. I also saw a large number of photographs at water level doing the same as me—just taking it all in. Eventually, an OSPREY flew in, made a few circles over the east end of the reservoir. It flew up and down, circled and finally made a full dive, emerging from the water with a good-sized fish. The bird then flew off toward the road and disappeared. Great looks of this beautiful bird.
Reminder: SCVAS Birdathon is March 27 — May 9https://scvas.org/spring-birdathon-2021-teams
My first of 6 “distributed” teams is in a few days:Wed. March 31 “Subspecies” 4-hour Subspecies Fundraising Page

| | |

| |
Subspecies Fundraising Page

Subspecies Fundraising Page

Matthew DodderExecutive DirectorSanta Clara Valley Audubon Society22221 McClellan Rd.Cupertino, CA <95014408-252-3748director...>

View/Reply Online (#23964): https://groups.io/g/southbaybirds/message/23964
-=-=-

-=-=-
Group Owner: southbaybirds+<owner...>