Date: 3/21/21 2:50 pm
From: Sherry Leonardo <0000003f830b5818-dmarc-request...>
Subject: Purple Martins at Settle’s Ford CA

Birded part of the area in Cass Co along Index Rd. Saw 2 Purple Martin’s fly over. The east side of Index Rd is flooded and held a few hundred ducks. They were predominantly Gadwall and Northern Shovelers, but also included both Teal, Northern Pintails and American Wigeon. There was some habitat for Snipe, but only shorebirds were a lonesome Greater Yellowlegs and several Killdeer.  Found a handful of Wood Ducks in the slough that runs along the north edge of the field. Waterfowl was about the same in Pool 1-2 with the addition of a group of Ring-necked Ducks. In that area I also found a few Rusty Blackbirds perched in trees with Red-winged Blackbirds. Other migrants included Fish Crow and Turkey Vulture.
Sherry LeonardoGrandview, Mo

Sent from the all new Aol app for iOS