Date: 3/21/21 9:05 am
From: Stuart Sparkman <jacamar29...>
Subject: [ia-bird] Tree Swallow
Hey I-Birders,

Karen, Harney, and I walked through the prairie this morning at Voas
Nature Center (Dallas County). Wind kept the bird activity down, but it
was a pleasant walk. At one point a noisy pair of Canada Geese flew over
us rather low, and I thought I saw a feather floating down that had come
from one of the birds. That “ feather” turned into our FOY TREE SWALLOW,
which was an unexpected treat on the first full day of spring. We also saw
a TURKEY VULTURE cruising overhead a bit later. An AMERICAN KESTREL was
dipping and swooping in the wind, seeming to demonstrate the joy of
flight. Great morning to be outside.

Good Birding,

Stuart Sparkman
NW Des Moines