Date: 3/21/21 7:48 am
From: Lyle Drier <ddrier1...>
Subject: [wisb] goose pond
Yesterday 3 of us ventured up to Goose Pond. We had very good luck...hundreds of tundra swans and Canada geese. Cackling, white fronted and snow geese were also seen. Duck species included canvasback, red head, bufflehead, ring neck, scaup, goldeneye, and mallards. There were killdeer along the edges of every pond we visited. We then drove south on Hwy I and found another 500 tundra swans in several fields along the way down to the DM ponds. There we found a white fronted geese, goldeneye, a widgeon, and a shoveler. It was windy, but sunny.
While we were at the goose ponds a gray ghost harrier flew right in front of and along side the car. Wonderful views of a very handsome bird.

Lyle Drier
Oconomowoc

Sent from my iPad